It was the other night that I have discovered that my hubbytat has done something with his laptop. He deleted all our back-up files! That includes all our digital pictures (some of which todate has not been printed out). I was so disappointed but I could not blame him, though in percentage : 90% has been his fault and about 10% was mine.
10% - because I chose to take the responsibilty of transferring the files to back-up.
10% - because I should have just copied it to the back-up drive, not completely transferred everything without copies.
10% - because until now I haven't accepted the fact that my hubbytat has just been starting to tinker with gadgets. That he was even afraid to touch my blackberry the first time he saw it. That he was satisfied on how his samsung phone allowed him to listen to radio (when you can actually download MP3's on your phone).
My hubbytat is not really your techie guy.. He is actually my version of Mr. Clean. You can rely on him to clean the house, feed the dog, throw the trash, take care of the kids.. but not your computer files =)
I have resolved everything with my "back-up" plan. Luckily I have saved most of the files in CDs and some on my flash drive. (not really recommended but at least it helps save some) My brother has also taken the time to recover our files using some program in the net.
I know that it can be done. It's just that I want my hubbytat to get a little nervous and maybe learn something about the "back-up" thing.. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment