Monday, September 6, 2010

Situations

I have never been scared in my entire life as I was yesterday. 

It was a very normal day for all of us at work.  I even had my favorite iced tea in the morning to perk up my sleepy head. (been watching a TV series for so long).  Just when I was about to check my phone someone at the office told us that we are being evacuated because of a fire inside the building.  I have been very familiar with these kinds of emergency.  I have been trained over the past 6 years on what to do when these things happen. I remained calm.

I silently get my big eco bag, placed all my stuff inside including my shoulder bag so that I don't have to worry carrying so much in my shoulder while being evacuated out.  I never heard the alarm went off or seen fire and smoke for the matter.  I guess the fire must have been not in this side of the building.  But just when we were about to go out someone (again) shouted that there's firing outside.  We got really nervous.  It's something that we cannot control nor see where it is coming.  All I could remember is finding myself running towards the exit with a lot of people.  Big time panic mode!  I couldn't get myself to calm down.  It seems that my body wanted to be somewhere else while my feet wobbly trying to run.  When we got down to the exit to go into a safe place outside we were informed that there were also shooting outside.  It is a grenade launcher this time.  Big time super scared mode!  We got back to the building and safely hid at some office space with a bunch of other people. 

Yes, I have never been scared out of my wits.  I would like to think of this as some kind of a drill, a dream, a scene from a movie, a part of a news.  I would never want to be part of this but I was and I was scared.
Part of me thought so much of my family.. my kids.

We prayed hard that no one got hurt.  That everything will be okay.  We waited while being held at a safe place while they are clearing the place.  Waited if we could go home now with our worried families.  But we were asked to report for work and normalized our lives once again while we are so darn scared and every muscle in our bodies trembling. 

Yes, we went back to work after that, as if nothing happens.  But I would definitely not forget this day when I became so scared of my life... of losing my life.  Over reacting? Nah.. I would not wish you would experience it just so you could understand me.

Life is indeed very unpredictable.  You'll never know what will happen next... It is indeed like a box of chocolates. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment