Tuesday, May 18, 2010

sunburn

I love beaches... from a far.  I have to say from a far because I hate the sun.  I would often like to see long stretch of white sand and sequence of waves crashing thru it but I hate being under the sun.  Weird feeling of love-hate with the sun actually. 




I love it because it gives us the necessary vitamins for our skin but somehow hate it because no matter how much sunblock I applied (hourly, after 80 minutes for a SPF50) I'd still get sun burnt.  That's where my hate feeling for the sun comes out.  I have these tan lines which hurts. I even applied those after sun lotion but to no avail.  I guess I shouldn't have stayed long under the sun.


 



I have recently visit the Marine Base in Ternate Cavite last weekend.  I have joined my in-laws for picnic and have some barbecues.  Since it's summertime here, a lot of people would come to the beach and enjoy the sun.  My daughter has been making sand castles along the shoreline.  I've asked her to come with me for a dip but she's was quite unhappy and afraid of the waves hitting us.  She cries tirelessly when I tried to make her swim with me.  So I guess,  I just don't want her to have phobia with beaches so I retired from convincing her to swim. 


My hubbytat on the other hand enjoys being under the sun and swimming against the waves.  He loves the feel of the sand under his feet.  He swims well that's why he has no problem with the waves.  Though I would often wish he would not have gone far out.  Told him to leave the jelly fish and baby sharks alone. =)  He likes to go to beaches and has been to some of the good beaches around here. 

Yes, I enjoy and love beaches from a far.  I like the fine sand between my toes and the sound of crashing waves.  I would have loved walking along the beach or maybe just do some reading while sipping some nice cold iced tea.  I would have enjoyed it more if the sun would be a little nicer to my skin and my sunblock have worked well. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment